If you’re looking for an enjoyable and informative photo-related activity that would also make a great present to give to someone, then my City Photo Walks or photographic walking tours of Liverpool are definitely worth a look!
Here are the main points:
- Visit some photogenic locations in Liverpool city centre
- Relaxed walk with stops for photography instruction and friendly chat
- The walk lasts three and a half hours
- You will receive a basic lesson on aperture shutter speed and ISO
- Use your knowledge to understand the main controls on your camera
- Ask me anything you like (on photography!)
- Look at photography in a new way
- Find new perspectives on Liverpool and its buildings and street views
- Get personalised ‘over the shoulder’ feedback on your photographs
- Learn many useful tips on how to take better photos
- Uncover some of the wealth of photo opportunities in the city centre
- You will receive a goody bag with crib cards, worksheets and discount vouchers
- Discover the many flaws in so-called professional photos on street ads and why you can do better!
- Gain motivation and much to think about
- Have a sociable time with other people that share a similar interest
OK, Liverpool residents, you will notice that this website is targeted to Manchester, but in many ways I prefer Liverpool due to its maritime heritage, buildings and atmosphere. I had to include the Liverpool tour on this site. I love to photograph Liverpool, and you will find my photos in the book ‘Liverpool Then and Now’ on the bookshelves from April 2012.
- Meet at the entrance to Lime St station, top of the steps, near the lift, around 1.15 pm
- Tour starts at 1.30 ends around 5pm (Some tours may have different times)
- On the day before setting off check this site and/or my Twitter feed to confirm everything is okay
- Any camera will do, compact or SLR, film or digital, or even no camera!
- All-weather event! Come wearing suitable clothes and a good pair of shoes
- Tripod not usually necessary but bring one if you want
- Wide angle lenses are useful for buildings but telephoto will come in handy too!
- We will watch out for each other, but you are responsible for your own safety
- I will try to keep the maximum number of people to nine, though there could be more
- To book choose a date from ‘Upcoming Events’ then email, text or phone me
- Pay in advance or just bring cash on the day: standard price: £35
- Special offers and discounts are available from time to time, please enquire
If you’re interested in coming on the Liverpool photography walking tour, or would like to give a Liverpool Photo Walking Tour gift voucher as a present, then please get in contact now!
Text or phone 07779 290082 email info (at) aidan.co.uk or use the contact form below.