If you’re looking for an enjoyable and informative photo-related activity that would also make a great present to give to someone, then my City Photo Walks or photographic walking tours of Manchester are definitely worth considering!
Here are the main points:
- Visit some interesting places in Manchester city centre
- Gentle walk with frequent stops for lesson and chat
- Three and a half hours
- Benefit from my basic lesson on aperture shutter speed and ISO
- Learn how easy it is to use the main controls on your camera
- Ask me any questions you like (on photography!)
- Get a new perspective on photography
- Learn to see the city in a new way
- Get instant personal feedback on your photos
- Pick up many simple but useful tips on taking better photos
- Discover some of the myriad photo opportunities in the city
- Receive a goody bag with crib cards, info sheets and discount vouchers
- Look critically at professional photos on billboards and learn why you can do better
- Gain inspiration and food for thought
- Spend time with like-minded people
The meeting point will be somewhere in Manchester city centre or Salford Quays. Make sure you have my mobile number 07779 290082 on your phone. Please text me on the day to confirm where the meeting point is. Also check my Twitter feed to confirm all is okay.
Scores of people have been on the walking tour and the feedback has been very positive:
“Thanks again for a great day today on the Manchester walking tour. Your tips and training have been of great help and your encouragement of my work very motivating.”
James Bullis-King, Manchester
Chilly, but great day out with @AidanORourkeCP taking photos, around Manchester, and getting some good hints & tips.
Martin Standish @stanny71 Urmston
- Meet somewhere in Manchester city centre. Text 07779 290082 on the day to find out where.
- Meet 1.15, tour starts at 1:30 finishes around 5pm (some tours may have alternative times)
- On the day before setting off check this site and/or my Twitter feed to confirm all is okay
- Any camera, compact or SLR, film or digital, or even no camera is fine
- All-weather event! Come suitably attired wearing a good pair of shoes
- Tripod not usually necessary but bring one if you like
- Wide angle lenses may be better for buildings but telephoto will be useful too!
- You are responsible for your own safety though we will watch out for each other
- I will try to keep to a max of nine people though it could be more
- To book choose a date from ‘Upcoming Events’ then email, text or phone me
- Pay in advance or just bring cash on the day
- Special offers and discounts are often available please enquire
So if you’re interested in this fun, sociable and informative way of spending an afternoon, please get in touch. Use the contact form or phone or text 07779 290082, or e-mail info (at) aidan.co.uk