I provide one-to-one photography tuition in Manchester including Greater Manchester and the wider region including Liverpool and Leeds/Bradford.
There’s no doubt that one-to-one photography tuition is the best way to learn quickly, gain confidence and make rapid progress.
In a class you are one of a number of people and the teacher needs to pitch to the average level of the group. In one-to-one tuition, you have the undivided attention of your photography tutor.
I have helped a large number of people working individually with them at all levels of ability from beginner to advanced. I enjoy working on a one-to-one basis as I can give targeted, personalised tuition.
Here are some of the things we can do:
- My standard lesson on the basic principles of exposure: aperture, shutter speed and ISO, and why these settings are fundamental to the success of every picture.
- The most important controls on your camera and how most of the time, you only need to use a small number of them.
- Why manual setting, far from being the most advanced is actually the simplest, though not the quickest!
- A run down of all the features and controls of your camera.
- Positive feedback on your photographs, highlighting good points and with tips on what to do to make them better.
- A guided photoshoot where you take photos and I give you feedback and tips as we proceed.
- How to get the best settings on your flashgun and when not to use flash!
- How to take better portraits, how to improve how people look and choose the right moment of capture.
- How to use studio flash or continuous lighting, with tips on how to set the camera and how to use the lights.
- A look at principles of composition and how small changes can drastically improve the quality of a photo.
- Using lenses from wide angle to zoom, wide to narrow aperture, and how to get the best from anti-shake (vibration reduction) features
- A look at the techniques of famous photographers and how you can emulate them.
- Copies of my crib cards and handouts
- The chance to be showcased in an article by me
- Follows, likes and links from our websites.
Simply talking things through with an interested and sympathetic photography tutor can be very beneficial. In a few hours you can gain information, confidence and inspiration that you won’t get from friends and family. The benefits will remain for a very long time.
Photography needn’t be complex, confusing and frustrating! It should be creative, satisfying and gratifying!
My standard rate for a four hour photography tutoring session is £120 (hourly rate £30)
And in addition every student gets:
Contact now to book one-to-one photography training or purchase a gift voucher for someone else.