Aidan O’Rourke has used photography as a freelance professional in 1996. He is a highly experienced and qualified teacher, and is also an accomplished writer, artist and filmmaker.
Aidan has transferred his long experience with beginner learners of language to the task of teaching photography to beginners. There are many parallels. Photography also has a language, incomprehensible jargon and requires self-confidence and practice in order to improve. His patient, jargon-busting approach, insightful comments and positive feedback have helped countless people to move up to the next level in their photography.
Some things you need to know about Aidan O’Rourke
- He first became seriously interested in photography in 1981 during a summer spent in New York
- He has had an avid interest in art since childhood and encourages people to get inspiration from classic art, sculpture as well as photography
- He experimented extensively with black and white film processing and printing as well as E6 slide development
- He first started using Adobe Photoshop in 1994.
- In 1997 he founded Eyewitness in Manchester, the first continuously updated online magazine, now archived on his www.aidan.co.uk site
- His photographs have been featured in five major local interest books.
- He created the Manchester Mega-Photo, the biggest photocollage ever made of Manchester, displayed at Urbis from 2008 to 2009.