The best way to learn Photoshop is with a private tutor working one to one. Unlike learning in a group setting, your private tutor can gear the training directly to your level and come to your rescue when you run into complications.
Here are the benefits of getting one to one home tuition in Photoshop:
- I will use my ‘level by level’ approach which provides you with what you need to know, and no more than that, in order to carry out a specific task.
- Sitting next to you I can guide you carefully and tell you what you need to do if you encounter a problem, as you will always do when using Photoshop.
- You will be gratified and encouraged by the things you can do under my guidance. I can provide a record of the commands so you can repeat the process and gradually improve your knowledge.
- I will encourage you to use ‘self-help’ strategies in order to find the information you need to get out of a fix or learn a new technique.
- I use well-tried training techniques to make sure you practice what you are learning and the skills will take root and not be forgotten.
- I can teach you useful techniques to carry out common tasks, many of them extremely simple to do, but hidden from the casual Photoshop user.
It’s possible to learn Photoshop from a book reasonably well. Videos can also be useful. But there is nothing to beat your own personal tutor, looking over your shoulder, giving feedback, instruction and encouragement.
Here are some more things to keep in mind:
- I am a qualified teacher and experienced instructor with experience in teaching languages, a very difficult subject. I have transfered these skills to teaching Photoshop.
- I have used Adobe Photoshop since 1994 and have a very good knowledge and competency. However I there is always something new to learn, and I am open to new techniques. You need to be like that to be a good practitioner of Photoshop.
- Adobe Photoshop can be daunting and intimidating to many people, due to its large number of options. But in fact it is much easier to use than it at first seems. I will get you off on the right track.
- Every student receives copies of my photographic ‘crib cards’. These are 6×4 photographic prints with charts summarising basic photography information. They can be kept in a camera bag and referred to whenever necessary. I also provide information sheets.
- It may be possible for me to showcase some of the student’s photos online, and provide a link to their site
You can book some Photoshop training for yourself or you can present it as a gift to someone close to you. I can provide a voucher and letter to give to the recipient.
I love teaching Photoshop, and I a lot of expertise to share. Contact me now to make a booking or to buy a unique and long lasting present for someone.